Having a cracked or broken tooth can be a scary experience. At Bee Cave Soft Touch Dental, we want to make sure our patients receive the care they need in order to ensure their dental health and wellbeing. We have a team of dedicated professionals available to help you determine the best course of action for your cracked tooth. With our comprehensive approach, we’ll be able to guide you through the entire process from consultation to repair and beyond.
Cracked Tooth Repair Treatments
We have several effective options available to restore damaged teeth. From cracked molars to fractured front teeth, we’ll work with you to pick the best choice for lasting and aesthetically pleasing restorations.
- Dental bonding: Dental bonding uses a tooth-colored composite resin to reshape and contour misshapen teeth. For minor fractures and cracked front teeth, this is an ideal and noninvasive solution.
- Dental crowns: Dental crowns encase the entire tooth with a custom-fitted cap. This option is perfect for cracked molars that need durable reinforcement to restore their function and appearance.
- Root canals: If a damaged tooth affects the inner pulp, a root canal may be recommended to disinfect the inside of a tooth and capped with a durable dental crown.
- Veneers: Dental veneers are thin porcelain shells bonded to a tooth’s surface. They restore the shape and appearance of teeth that have minor fractures for an attractive, natural-looking result.
- Extraction: If a tooth is too damaged or compromised, extraction might be the best next step. If a tooth needs extraction, we will help suggest tooth replacement options to preserve your oral health and protect the rest of your smile.
Can I Fix a Cracked Tooth Naturally At Home?
The unfortunate answer is no. Although teeth may recover from very minor damage through remineralization over time, visible cracks and fractures will not restore themselves. Teeth lack the structure our bones and skin have that allow them to heal on their own, and require a visit to the dentist to restore their appearance and functionality.
If you aren’t able to make it to our office right away, you can take a few steps to manage discomfort in the meantime. A cold compress will help minimize any swelling, and over the counter medication can be used to relieve pain. It’s vital to keep the area clean until it can be professionally treated. Gently rinse with warm salt water to disinfect the area, and avoid chewing on the affected side of the mouth to avoid further damage or infection.
How to Prevent Cracked and Damaged Teeth
- Avoid biting on hard, crunchy foods or using teeth as a tool. Crunching on ice cubes, using teeth to open packages, and nail biting are all habits best avoided.
- Wear a mouthguard while playing sports or at night if you suffer from nighttime teeth grinding. Mouthguards help avoid physical trauma in environments when they’re most likely to occur.
- Visit your dentist for regular cleanings and practice proper daily oral hygiene. Teeth with decay and disease are more fragile and susceptible to damage. With professional care, you can ensure you maintain your healthy, durable smile.
Restore Your Smile Back to Beauty in Bee Cave, TX
Don’t let a cracked tooth bring down your self-confidence and oral health. Our team are experts at restoring cracked and broken teeth back to their prime. We’ll find a solution that works for you, making sure you’re comfortable and happy with your smile every step of the way. If you have a tooth mishap, call us right away to schedule an emergency appointment. You’ll get the care you need to leave the office with something to smile about once again.